Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Celebration of Twin Cities Theater

I'll begin with a brief advertisement for the last blog of the site: A review of Arsenic and Old Lace at the Guthrie, which will be posted by Tuesday. It was hilarious. More detail to follow.

The mention of this post, though, is to get the word out about the IVEY AWARDS - (http://www.iveyawards.com/)

Self-billing as a "Celebration of Twin Cities Theater", it allows users and members of the press to vote for the best actors, directors, theaters and productions of the past year. A huge list of theaters are listed as 'participants', meaning that they are opening themselves up for the ratings. So, seeing as I saw a number of productions from companies that are eligible, I thought I would rate them on the site. Considering Mpls/St. Paul has the 2nd most theater seats anywhere outside of NYC, it would be fitting that the Mini-Apple would have a Mini Tony award show celebrating the vast diversity of theater offered here.

Also, I'm hoping I'm nominated for best dressed in the cast of 'bare'. I had a great costume. Just saying.

Vote for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment