
7 floors, 9 people, a keyboard. I was actually thinking when we were passing the 4th floor if I would ever be stuck in an elevator. And as the elevator leveled off at the seventh floor, the doors took longer to open than usual. Then we realized that they weren't going to open. We pressed buttons and rang the alarm and ended up calling the building manager. It was warm, someone was hyperventilating and Josh S. decided to bounce up and down a little.
A few minutes passed by and a savior started yelling in from the other side. He told us to push the doors open from the inside. Now just before this, Josh S. told everyone that the doors weighed about 3,000 pounds. To my surprise, the doors opened without much force, so it looked like we were truly buff strong men. As soon as the inside doors were opened, we realized that the elevator stopped about a foot short of the floor. The repair man tried using a crowbar and screwdriver to pry the door open, but the door wouldn't budge. So, we had to shut the doors and reach on the outside door to trip a black button that unlocked the doors. After about 10 minutes, we were out. Who would you want to be stuck in an elevator with? I was happy it was my friends and my professors. Josh S. and I climbed out of the elevator first and helped everyone up. Welcome to NYCAMS!
Just another job for Superboy. Speaking of that, I am going to try rushing for Next to Normal tomorrow! Wes, David, Maddie and I saw Ragtime tonight. Wow. Definitely one of the top 3 shows I have ever seen. A massive cast, hugely talented, wonderful music and a poignant look at how minorities and immigrants were treated in the early 1900's. Thank you cast and crew for bringing this powerful story to life.
Have a great time at Next to Normal, checked it out on Utube, sounds awesome. Your elevator experiance is a good example of how a person can "think" something into becoming a reality! careful what you think about! Glad you are all ok!
ReplyDelete